- Introduction: Reserved Iqama Professions
- Understanding Saudization
- The Significance of Reserved Iqama Professions
- The Impact on Expatriates
- List of Reserved Iqama Professions for Saudi Citizens
Introduction: Reserved Iqama Professions
In 2023, Saudi Arabia ushered in a transformative policy known as “Saudization,” capturing the spotlight both domestically and globally. This policy represents a deliberate effort to give precedence to Saudi nationals in the job market by designating specific professions and work opportunities exclusively for them. Throughout this article, we will comprehensively explore the details of this pivotal policy shift and examine the array of professions that now fall under the category of “Reserved Iqama Professions” for Saudi citizens.
Recommended: How to Easily Check Your Iqama Expiry Date?
Recommended: What to Do if Your Saudi Iqama is Lost in 2023?
Saudization, formally known as the Saudi nationalization scheme, is a strategic policy implemented by the Saudi government. Its primary objective is to increase the participation of Saudi citizens in the country’s labor market. This initiative holds immense significance, as it addresses several economic and social aspects of Saudi society. It’s designed to create more job opportunities for Saudi nationals, reduce unemployment rates, and elevate their role in shaping the nation’s economic landscape.
The Significance of Reserved Iqama Professions
Iqama, the Saudi residence permit, holds a crucial place in the lives of expatriates working in the country. It serves as the legal document allowing foreigners to live and work in Saudi Arabia. As part of the Saudization policy, the Saudi Ministry of Human Resources and Social Advancement (MHRSD) has released a list of Iqama professions reserved exclusively for Saudi citizens. This move signifies a bold and impactful shift in the Saudi labor market, with the intention of increasing employment opportunities for the local population.
Recommended: How to Get Family Iqama in Saudi Arabia?
Recommended: Transferring Iqama in Saudi Arabia: A Complete Guide
The Impact on Expatriates
For expatriates employed in the reserved Iqama professions, this shift necessitates a change in their Iqama status. The once routine process of renewing their Iqama is no longer an available option. Instead, individuals in these professions now face a critical choice: they must either shift to a different job or decide to exit their current employment.
List of Reserved Iqama Professions for Saudi Citizens
The list of Reserved Iqama Professions for Saudi citizens in 2023 is extensive, covering a diverse range of job sectors. These include roles in customer service, clerical work, and various managerial positions. Here is a selection of the professions:
- Complaint Clerk or Claims Clerk
- Booking Clerk
- Customs Clearance Clerk
- Director of Personnel Relations
- Director of Labor Affairs
- Reservation Agent
- Tourist Program Designer
- Duty Clerk or Attendance Control Clerk
- Employment Clerk
- Executive HR Manager
- Female Sales Specialist for Ladies Shop
- Head of Personnel Department
- HR Manager
- Senior HR Coordinator
- Payroll Officer
- HR Director
- Compensation and Benefits Officer
- Training Manager
- Key Specialist
- Labor Affairs Manager
- Receptionist (General)
- Receptionist (Hospitals)
- Receptionist (Hotel)
- Recruitment Clerk or Employment Clerk
- Representative or Broker
- Security Guard
- Staff Affairs Clerk or Personal Affairs Clerk
- Staff Relations Manager
- Staff Relations Specialist
- Individual Affairs Clerk
- Shops Selling Eyeglasses and Frames
- Car Spare Parts Shop
- Shops Selling Watches
- Medical Appliances and Equipment Shops
- Electrical Appliances and Electronic Shops
- Building and Construction Material Shops
- Shops Selling Carpets
- Automobile and Motorbike Showrooms
- Home and Office Furniture Shops
- Readymade Garments, Children and Men’s Wear
- Household Utensils Shops
- Confectionery Shops and Patisseries
- Light-Vehicle Driver
- Order Taker
- Safety and Security Officer
- Safety and Security Supervisor
- Food Service Employee
- Telephone Operator
- Supervisor of Telephone Operators
- Data-Entry Clerk
- Administrative Clerk
- General Services Supervisor
- Room Service Supervisor
- Maintenance Supervisor
- Sales and Marketing Supervisor
- Tourism Programs Supervisor
- Front Office Supervisor
- Director of Security and Safety
- Acting Director
- Maintenance Manager
- Room Service Manager
- Customer Service Manager
- Administrative Manager
- Sales and Marketing Representative
- Director of Tourism Programs
- Director of the Front Office
- Director of Staff Relations
- Health and Safety Professionals
- Customer Care Service Officer at Call Centers
- Stock Keeper
- Real Estate Broker
- Real Estate Sale and Rental Broker
- Land and Real Estate Registry Clerk
- Real Estate Marketer
- Property Manager
- Certified Sustainable Engineer
- Certified Resident Engineer
- Quality Inspector Engineer
- Building Inspector
- Real Estate Arbitrator
- Government Relations Officer
- General Manager
- Customs Categorizer
- Customs Clearance Broker
- Air Controller
- Tourist Information Clerk
- Call Center Clerk
- Customer Service Center Inquiries Clerk
- Query Clerk
- Customer Data Clerk
- ATV Splitter Operator
The 2023 Saudization policy, with its extensive list of Reserved Iqama Professions for Saudi citizens, marks a significant milestone in the transformation of the Saudi labor market. This strategic move is expected to enhance the participation of Saudi nationals in various job sectors, thus contributing to the nation’s overall economic growth and development. As the policy’s implementation progresses, the effects on expatriates and local employment rates are subjects of great interest and will continue to be closely monitored.
This comprehensive list of Reserved Iqama Professions for Saudi citizens reflects the commitment of the Saudi government to prioritize its own citizens in the workforce, and it remains a crucial aspect of the country’s journey toward economic diversification and growth.
What are the new Saudization rules in 2023?
The new Saudization rules in 2023 are a set of policies aimed at prioritizing Saudi nationals in the labor market by reserving specific professions and job opportunities exclusively for them.
What professions are 100 percent Saudization?
The professions with 100 percent Saudization in 2023 include Assistant Pilot, Air Traffic Controller, Flight Attendant, Air Transport Pilot, and Airhostess in the field of civil aviation.
What is the best profession for Iqama?
The best profession for an Iqama holder in Saudi Arabia depends on various factors such as qualifications, skills, and personal preferences. However, with the new Saudization rules, certain professions may be more accessible to Saudi citizens.
What is the percentage of Saudization in 2023?
The percentage of Saudization in 2023 varies by profession. Some professions are fully Saudized, while others have specific targets for the employment of Saudi nationals. The exact percentages may differ based on the profession and the stage of implementation.